World Federation of the Deaf Register Description for Membership
in accordance with Section 10 of the Personal Data Act (523/1999)
World Federation of the Deaf ry (2276868-6)
PO Box 65
- Representative of the Controller / Contact person
Phillipa Sandholm, Administrative Secretary
PO Box 65
- Names of the register
WFD Membership Register
- Purpose of the processing of personal data
The purpose of the processing of personal data is to maintain relational information, develop our services and to manage membership relationships.
- Information contained in the register
The following data is entered into the membership register, as applicable:
Membership information (membership year and fees amount)
- Where do we collect data from?
The sources of personal data collection are:
- Online forms on the WFD website
- Online payment systems such as Paypal and Stripe
- Submitted application forms
- Email communication
Note that these personal data are voluntarily provided by the individuals in order to complete a transaction or application.
- To whom do we disclose and transfer the personal data? Do we transfer personal data outside the EU or ETA?
We can transfer personal data to third parties in following cases:
- according to the Finnish law such as transferring membership fee payment information to the Finnish tax authorities;
- when we request our partner to handle personal data according to our instructions;
- when we consider the transfer being absolutely necessary in order to protect your rights or investigate fraud;
- organisers of events when necessary to ensure your participation or
- with your consent for specific cases such as our partners.
- How do we protect personal data and for how long do we store them?
The WFD Membership Register is password protected and is stored remotely at the WFD Secretariat and on a secured marketing automation platform that can only be accessed by the Controller.
When a person makes a payment online via PayPal or Stripe, they use a secure and encrypted connection that meets the industry-standard of any large financial institution. The WFD only receives information of the electronic transaction, not the bank information of the donor.
Personal data is stored from the time the person voluntarily provides until termination of relational connection with the WFD or upon request of the person.
- Inspection right and correction data
A person who has voluntarily provided their personal data to the WFD and subsequently entered into the register of the WFD has the right to deny the provision of their information for direct advertising or another similar purpose, the right to alter the consent of their publication, and the right to resort to other rights defined in the Personal Data Act.
- Whom can you contact?
If a person does not wish to receive mail from us, they can refuse it by contacting the representative of the controller or unsubscribe from the WFD.
Information can be corrected or complemented by the controller or at the request of the registered person and by the controller when the relationship is terminated.
An individual has the right to inspect their information in the WFD register and request that erroneous information is corrected. The inspection request must be made by contacting the representative of the controller. The inspection is free of charge, once a year.