Your privacy is important to the World Federation of the Deaf (WFD). This privacy statement provides information about the Data Protection Principles, Cookies, Person Register, and Registration Description.
- We only collect and process personal data that is necessary, and delete any outdated data.
- We use the data in our communication and service delivery.
- All personal data is processed in centralised registers at the WFD Secretariat in Helsinki, Finland
- We collect the personal data of those who donate, register as a member, subscribe to the WFD and store it in the respective registers.
- We use the personal data for authorised targeted communications.
- We do not disclose personal data to a party outside the organisation except for accountants and auditors who are contracted by the WFD to meet our obligations according to the Finnish law to fulfil requirements concerning e.g. accounting or lawful requests from the Finnish tax authorities. Under this requirement, we can transfer personal data to third parties in following cases:
- According to the Finnish law such as transferring membership fee and donation payment information to the Finnish tax authorities
- When we consider the transfer being absolutely necessary in order to protect your rights or investigate fraud
When you visit the WFD webpages, your web browser automatically stores cookies onto your hard drive. Cookies can contain text, numbers, dates, location information and other data, but cookies do not store any personal data. A cookie is neither an application, nor does it allow viruses or other malware to enter your computer. Cookies do not harm your computer in any way.
Cookies help us with the following:
- Provide you with the best user experience
- Understand usefulness of our website using Google Analytics:
- Tells us which pages are interesting and which needs to be improved
- Find out the number of visitors to our pages, save selections made on the pages (e.g. language settings), monitor how the page is used (e.g. click streams)
- However, we do not monitor the data of individual visitors, but we store user data, based on behaviour and geographical location, for example.
- Allow you to share pages with social networks such as Facebook
This website does NOT share any personal information with third parties.
If you do not wish to have cookies stored on your device, you can prevent their use by changing the settings in your browser.
However, cookies may be necessary for the appropriate operation of the website administered or the services offered by the WFD, which is why the WFD does not guarantee the functionality of all services if the cookie function is disabled.
When you provide your information to the WFD (i.e. for donation, membership, subscription or application), we collect your personal data and store them in the respective registers. The purpose of the registers is to maintain relational information, to develop our services and to manage customer relationships. The registers only contain information that has been provided or that is created based on the respective relationship established. Information in the registers is not provided to third parties except for accountants and auditors who are contracted by the WFD to meet our obligations according to the Finnish law to fulfil requirements concerning e.g. accounting or lawful requests from the Finnish tax authorities.
For more information about what personal data we process and how it is processed, as well as your rights, visit our register descriptions:
- WFD Member Register Description
- WFD Donor Register Description
- WFD Subscriber Register Description
- WFD Volunteers Register Description
- WFD Monthly Donors Register Description
- WFD Marketing Register Description