- Include fundraising for the WFD as part of your local events.
- Hold a community event (picnic, gathering, craft stall, sports day) and invite your community to attend.
Share your Knowledge
- Make a YouTube video about human rights of deaf people, share it through social media- (caption it for people who don’t know sign language)
- Offer community classes in sign language
- Print some t-shirts with positive messages about deaf culture and wear them!
- Download the IWD campaign materials
Become an Advocate
- Write a letter to your local paper about an issue important to you
- Offer to do an interview with a journalist for a feature story in the paper or local TV
- Offer to meet with your local parliamentarian and talk about deaf issues with them
- Offer to run a workshop on deaf culture e.g. for your local council or planning authority
- Organise a rally or street march (make sure you get permission if this is needed!)