Applicants will be required to submit the following portfolio of evidence. Form and appendices can be downloaded under 'Relevant Documents' section.
- Application Form.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Letter of Interest (written English and in International Sign)*
- One (1) soft copy of passport-sized photo.
- Copies of certificates of general educational qualifications (school certificates, college or university diplomas or degrees).
- Copies of national interpreter qualifications (training, accreditation or recognition)**. Complete the template in Appendix A to list the trainings you have attended.
- Copy of certificate of attendance at IS interpreter training event. . Complete the template in Appendix B to list the trainings you have attended or submit a 200-word justification (written English and in International Sign)* about why training has not been attended.
- Two (2) x letters of recommendation from deaf consumers who have experience working with your IS interpreting.
- Two (2) x letters of recommendation from IS interpreters who have been employed by either WASLI or the WFD.
- A letter of recommendation from national deaf or interpreting agents (i.e. associations, representative bodies, private companies).
- 300-word statement reflecting on your strengths and weakness in IS interpreting (written English and in International Sign). Complete the template in Appendix C.
- Logbook of contracted IS interpreting bookings. 150 days for hearing practitioners and 75 days for deaf practitioners** (where a day is 3 or more hours of continuous interpreting). Complete the template in Appendix D to list your bookings.
- One (1) video sample for Interpretation Task 1 (English to International Sign) – for both hearing and deaf practitioners (Refer to 'Video Samples through Canvas')
- One (1) video sample for Interpretation Task 2 (International Sign to English) – for hearing practitioners only (Refer to 'Video Samples through Canvas')
*Provide video URL link (i.e. vimeo, YouTube, or any other video-sharing website) for documents that require International Sign.
**We acknowledge that opportunities vary from country to county. As such, applicants who are unable to submit this document will be considered on a case by case basis.