Governmental representatives around the world to convene at the High-Level Political Forum (HLPF) July 2017 in New York, USA.
HIGH-LEVEL POLITICAL FORUM 2017
Taking place under the theme ‘”Eradicating poverty and promoting prosperity in a changing world“, the HLPF meeting will review the following goals of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), including Goal 17:
- Goal 1. End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- Goal 2. End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
- Goal 3. Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- Goal 5. Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- Goal 9. Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
- Goal 14. Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable developmenT
SUBMISSION PAPER PREPARED TO HIGHLIGHT INCLUSION OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES TO THE HLPF
An official submission paper has been prepared on behalf of the Stakeholder Group of Persons with Disabilities to the HLPF to stress inclusion inclusion of persons with disabilities relating to the goals under review. The paper addresses the situation and challenges encountered by persons with disabilities globally and provides recommendations in line with the CRPD. The introduction section (page 1 of the document) will be translated into six official UN languages. The remaining five pages will be part of the official documents, but will not be translated and only published in English.
More information at: http://www.internationaldisabilityalliance.org/hlpf2017-sub…
YOUR ENDORSEMENTS NEEDED
The International Disability Alliance (IDA) is calling all international and regional DPOs to endorse the submission paper to highlight and remind governmental representatives their obligations to include persons with disabilities. The WFD also highly encourages its members to support the paper.
To do so, complete the endorsement form here.