WFD Human Rights Project in the Maghreb Region (2016-2018)
- Funded by Finnish MFA
- Target population: Algeria, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco and Tunisia (5)
- Purpose: To meet the pressing need of reducing inequality and overcoming causes of exclusion faced by the deaf communities in the target countries.
- Aim: Mainstream Human Rights of deaf people in the target countries in all areas including the local disability plans and policies.
- Activities: Community capacity building project involving:
- Training sessions for the selected 20 deaf leaders
- Seminars for deaf communities in Morocco and Tunisia with invitations to other stakeholders.
- Strengthening of National Associations of the Deaf in the target countries
- Increasing Awareness of the Society on Deaf Issues and Human Rights