The World Federation of the Deaf (WFD) is looking for a ‘Media and Communication’ intern for approximately three months between January and March 2018, to work at its office in Helsinki, Finland.
The WFD is an international non-governmental organisation, which promotes the human rights of deaf people around the world. Currently the WFD Office is composed of five full-time members and one intern/fellow.
An internship at the WFD provides a good opportunity to learn more about deaf people’s human rights, disability rights and linguistic rights.
This internship is meant for students who have completed at least a Bachelor’s degree in communication or a relevant field. Applicants with a secured internship grant from university will be given priority. Additional scholarship supplement by the employer can be considered.
Tasks and requirements:
Intern will assist the WFD staff in:
- Further development of the WFD’s overall media strategy
- Drafting and editing content for the WFD’s media platforms (website, newsletter and Facebook)
- Updating the WFD’s website
- Developing WFD marketing materials (both content and graphic design)
- Media and communication activities in support of fundraising campaigns
- Other tasks based on personal competencies and the intern’s interests.
We expect the intern to:
- Have studied communications and/or media at an advanced level
- Be resourceful, self-directed and motivated
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- Have excellent English writing skills
- Have experience in updating websites
- Have at least basic graphics editor skills (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Photoshop, Mailchimp)
- Be familiar with social medial tools and platforms
- Have interest in working in a multicultural and multilinguistic working environment
We also appreciate:
- Knowledge in human rights, with focus on deaf people
- Sign language skills, especially knowledge of International Sign
- Previous experience in using WordPress
- Independent approach to work
Duration and working hours of the internship:
Maximum of three months, starting preferably 8 January 2018 (negotiable). Monday to Friday, office hours.
Internship location: World Federation of the Deaf Secretariat, Light House, Ilkantie 4, Helsinki, Finland
Following documents are required for your application to be considered:
- Letter of application in which you shortly outline your motivation and how your skills correspond to the intern’s profile (tasks and requirements)
- Two letters of reference
Send the full application by 10 November 2017, 4PM Finnish time, via email to email@example.com.
Inquiries on the internship: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email.
More information on WFD’s work: https://wfdeaf.org/